Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yet Praise Him - Psalm 42:6-7

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me?  Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill of Mizar.  Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of they waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.




There are times of desperation when God seems distant and all seems lost.  It is at times like these that I step out of my self and speak to my soul.

"Why are you disquieted my soul. Hope in your God! You will yet praise Him for the help of his                 presence.  Even though you don't feel Him 'yet'  - praise Him. Even though you don't see victory 'yet' - praise Him. Even though your circumstances have not changed 'yet' - praise Him.   I will remember You, O God, and all you have rescued me from.  In the midst of a raging sea, deep within me reaches out to deep within You. Though waves of emotion wash over me, You will command your lovingkindness to carry me by day and your song shall be with me in the darkness as I pray to the God of my life. I will yet praise Him."


No comments:

Post a Comment