Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Unbridled Heart - Psalm 40: 5-8

Many, O Lord, my God, are they wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee:  if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.  Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offerings and sin offering hast thou not required.  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.




O Lord, my God - the beginning of a real relationship with God starts with these 2 titles. A king lives in the kingdom which he rules and so the kingdom of God within begins with a surrendered heart. He must be our Lord before He can be our saviour.  But His is not a kingdom of harsh and bitter servitude. His thoughts are toward us and more than can be numbered. Like a beloved child is always on the heart of their parent, so we are always on his mind. Sacrifice and religious activites are not what he really desires nor has He required us to do pentance. What He really desires is simply for us to "come,"  to come and be with Him with an unbridled heart that delights to follow His.

                             O Lord, my God, I come. Engrave your Words upon my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment