Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Secret Faults - Psalm 19:7-14

The Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.  The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandments of the Lord are pure, enlightenening the eyes.  The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgements of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.  More to be desired are they than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honey comb.  Moreover by them is your servant warned: and in keeping them there is great reward.  Who can understand his errors?  Cleanse thou me from secret faults.  Keep back thy sevant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.





Word of God you are perfect. Change my heart and mind to follow after You always. What You say is certain and makes me wise. Your principles are right and cause my heart to rejoice. Your commandements are pure and full of Light.  They illuminate my path and my mind as I follow them. The deep awe and reverence of the Lord is pure in every way and endures forever. I tremble before You.  Your judgments are true and righteous altogether.  I desire them more than all riches - more than anything. They are sweeter than honey to my taste. I savour your Words like honey comb. You guide me and warn me with your living Words. They are Spirit and Life. When I embrace your Words and let them live in me, I find great reward and riches. I begin to know the love of God that passes understanding. No one truely understands their errors and weaknesses. But Lord, You understand me. You know my inward thoughts. Cleanse me from secret faults. Deliver me from those things I hide from myself and others. Hold me back from doing those things that are not appropriate for me as your daughter. Let no temptation or fleshly desire have dominion over me. Then I will be filled with innocence.  Let all my words and the meditations of my heart and mind bring You joy, my Lord - my Source and my Rescuer.


No comments:

Post a Comment