Friday, June 7, 2013

Shepherd of my Soul - Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name sake.
Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.




Thank you for guiding and caring for me, Shepherd of my soul. All my needs and desires are  in You, and I want for nothing.  You have brought me to a place of abundance and  in the soft meadow of your presence I can rest.  The still waters of your Spirit refresh me. You walk with me and lead me down paths of righteousness. As I walk with you I am changed. May I bring honour to your name Lord.  Even when I walk through the valley of adversity and death, they are but a shadow in your Light; and I fear nothing for You are with me. The rod and staff of your Word comforts me and guides me with gentle prodding.  They are a fearful weapon to my adversaries. They watch in dismay as you prepare a table for two and we dine together. You anoint my head with costly and precious oil. Your Spirit flows over and in me and I am overwhelmed with contentment. Surely your goodness and mercy will be with me all my days and I will dwell in Your presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment