Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One Desire - Psalm 27:4-6


One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His holy temple.
For in time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.


There is only one thing I desire, Lord, and that is what I seek; oh that I might dwell with You all the days of my life - every moment. I want to bask in your beauty and learn from You.  In times of trouble I have found refuge in your secret place. Your presence is where I hide from strife and words that are like arrows aimed at my heart. You have set me on a rock that cannot be shaken. Now as I stand there, I can look down upon my enemies. I lift up to you songs of thanksgiving and joy. I will sing praises to you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment