Saturday, June 15, 2013

Eclipsed by Joy - Psalm 30:1-4


I will extol thee thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O Lord thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.


Lord, You have brought me through so much. You have lifted me from the depths of despair and hopelessness. When I felt like giving up, You kept me alive. You have taken desperate situations and turned them into victories. I love that scripture that says. "Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ and reveals through us the sweet aroma of his knowledge in every place."  I have found this to be true.  Battles may be lengthy and bloody, but victory is assured. It is impossible for me to lose if I don't give up. So - I have developed a strong stubborn streak! And in my struggles I have come to know You intimately. Like two comrades on the battlefield, I have come to know your faithfulness, your strength and your courage.   In your favor I  lift up my song of praise and my weeping is eclipsed by joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment