Friday, June 28, 2013

Light and Truth - Psalm 43:3-5




O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my God.  Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  and why art thou disquieted within me?  hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.



In the midst of life's battles the Word of God is like a flare that leads us to victory. There is a pop in our spirit and then an effusion of Light illuminates the darkness. Courage and relief flood our soul as the living Word glows on the horizon of our consciousness.  Victory is near.
When God's presence seems shrouded in obscurity and past feeling, my heart cries, "Send out Thy Light and Thy Truth: let them lead me; let them bring me to thy holy hill..." Then as I read His living Words, I hear a still small voice deep within saying softly,"This is the way. Walk ye in it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment