Monday, June 17, 2013

Selah - Psalm 32:7-8

Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way that thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.




In this Psalm, I love how the dialogue jumps from David speaking to God to God speaking to the David. It is as if he ponders who God is at that moment in his life and voices it as much to himself as to God. "Thou art my hiding place, my refuge and sanctuary from the storm. You will get me through this tempest safely. You will envelope me in your presence and fill my heart with songs of victory." Then he tells himself, "Selah," pause and think about this. It is in the pauses and ponderings that God speaks.
"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way that thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."  What a comfort to know that when we don't know what to do or which way to turn. God is watching, guiding and giving us spiritual vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment