Monday, July 29, 2013

What I Am

"And Joseph dreamed a dream and he told it to his brethren and they hated him yet the more." 
                                                                                                                            Genisis 37:4

                                                               

                                                 
                                                    Many tell me
                                                    I can not be a king.
                                                    And it is not as if I want to be,
                                                    but how can I not be
                                                    what I Am
                                                    has called for me to be.

                                                   They tell me
                                                   the world is much too large
                                                   and I am but an ant.
                                                   But they forget
                                                   that to my God
                                                   the world is a grain of sand.

                                                  The ox and eagle, lion and man
                                                  come together in my hands
                                                  and I soar above the thoughts of man
                                                  and courage roars in me.
                                                  The dream is a yoke placed on the ox
                                                  who plows the world to bear His crops.
                                                  And I the man lift up my hands
                                                  to God who made it be.

                                                  Courage! Courage!,
                                                  Brave and free,
                                                  to be what I was be,
                                                  to accomplish all I hope and dream
                                                  through God
                                                  Who made it
                                                  be.

                                                                                               by Sherry Fauscett
                                                                                                                              1986

No comments:

Post a Comment