Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tears to Triumph - Psalm 56: 8-9

Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?  When I cry unto thee then shall mine enemies turn back: This I know; for God is for me.





I have always loved this verse, because it reminds me how intimately concerned God is about my struggles. My very tears are stored in a bottle and each one written in His book. Yet in the midst of brokenness and weakness, God's strength is revealed. Through his tears David says with certitude, "When I cry unto Thee then my enemies will be turned back: THIS I KNOW; for God is for me. In Daniel it says that "those who know their God will be strong and do great exploits." When I first became a Christian, I was so hungry for the Word of God that I devoured it for hours upon hours. The Word says that, "He sent His Word and delivered them from all their destructions."  At  night when I was sleeping I was plagued by demonic attacks in my dreams.  I actually believe the spirits that were harassing me had come out of me as I devoured God's Word and were just hanging around trying to get back in. I later learned I could bind these evil spirits from my dreams.  In my sleep when these attacks would happen, I would try to wake myself up and would struggle to call out the name, "Je-s-u-s!" It was as if some force was trying to hold my vocal cords closed. But I would always struggle to consciousness and squeeze His name out. The enemies of my soul knew the moment I called on that Name, they would have to flee and they always did. I know all this talk of demons will seem wacko to some. I am not a snake handling fanatic, but a degreed professional (not that that means anything,) who has had a profound and life changing encounter with Christ.  Jesus confronted spiritual beings daily. And I learned as a babe in Christ a valuable lesson - the spiritual realm is very real. It is not a fantasy. And there is power in the name of Jesus.  I can say with David from experience, "When I cry unto thee then shall mine enemies turn back: This I know; for God is for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment