Saturday, July 13, 2013

Love You Forever - Psalm 53:2

God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.




Did you ever wish that there was someone that truely understood you and loved you with all their being? There is a longing ingrained in the human heart that desires such communion. What amazes me is that there is that same longing in the heart of God.   I was once trying to describe finding Christ to a woman on an airplance. I told her it was like falling in love. With a dreamy sound in her voice she said, "I've never heard it described that way." His Holy Spirit is continually wooing us into that relationship. Unfortunately other lovers are also courting our time and affections and often their temptations and babbles distract us from the only One who truely loves us with a perfect Love.   In the New Living Translation of Ephesians 3:17-19 Paul prays, "Then Christ will make His home in your heart as you trust in Him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." My Dad closes his notes to me with the phrase, "Love you forever, Dad." Because of the relationship we share, when I read those words I am filled with warmth, security and love because I know it is true. When we have an intimate relationship with God, His Words written to us in the Bible will evoke that same response.

Lord,
When you look to see if there are any who understand, who seek God, may you find me. I long to know You more.
Love You forever,
Your daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment