Thursday, July 4, 2013

Follow the River - Psalm 45:1-5

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried away into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God will help her, and that right early.




Often I will see someone wearing a tee shirt that reads, "No Fear." But seldom do I encounter someone actually living those words. Fear comes in many forms - fear of man, fear of failure, fear of death, fear of the future or fear of some tragedy. But there is one thing I know with certitude. When calamity comes (and it will come,) "I will fear no evil..."  Why? - because "Thou art with me." I may be shaken, but I shall not be moved. God is my refuge and my strength, a very present help in trouble. He is the great I AM.  He speaks to my heart, "I AM your courage in the midst of discouragement. I AM your hope when all seems lost.  I AM your unfailing love when all others fail. I AM a very present help right now wherever you are.  Look within. There is a river flowing from my Throne and I AM there. Follow the river."


No comments:

Post a Comment